Saturday, April 04, 2009

I worked in short sleeves yesterday

My shoulder is slowly getting better, but I still notice that I got horned there. We determined that if it still hurts on Monday that we'd go to the doctor, but I don't think that will be necessary.

As the title dictates, things have been warming up and I was almost sweating during a portion of the work yesterday. Since it hasn't been raining, we've been destroying (sawing and splitting) a pile of wood to be burned next winter in the oven.



The big saw is on the right and the splitting machine is on the left:



This is where the finished, split wood goes. It's my job to split and stack the wood, which is why it looks so neat.



I'm enjoying the warming weather. The hills are beginning to get character as the snow is melting and revealing colors of green.

Come May, June and July, we'll be cutting hay on this hill:




On Tuesday I had some free time before lunch so I utilized the chocolate chips and brown sugar my mom brought when she visited and made chocolate chip cookies. Not to brag, but they taste delicious.



Maya's mom, Esther, has been here since Thursday and she's been a hoot to chat with. Today after breakfast she even gave me a chocolate Easter bunny and an invitation to come visit her and her husband over a weekend. I'll probably take her up on that offer sometime.

This is Chico, the family dog:



This is where the hay goes after we cut it and before the cows get it. Notice there are two different colors, which are different kinds of hay:



Today I was going to make a trip to Embrach and Neftenbach for some Huber family research. However, with the forecast of rain in the afternoon, I have postponed my plans for a later date. Tomorrow I'll be meeting Debbie and Alyssa in Zurich where we'll probably just sit on the shore of the lake and hang out. Maybe I'll bring my ukulele and maybe we'll have a picnic. At any rate, it should be better than going to church. I haven't necessarily been enjoying going to church because they frequently sing what I like to call "Throw Up Music". Along with that, the pastor usually speaks very quickly and I am unable to follow the idea of the service, so I go off into my own little world (which is rather quite enjoyable).

With that,
-Jon

2 comments:

huberloja@hotmail.com said...

It is obvious that you've been busy. That wood is stacking up & filling in the space. Impressive!

I can almost smell the cookies. They look perfect. Yummy!

Love you lots!

Alyssa said...

I like the dog.