Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rain, Sun, Visitors, Hay

The weekend weather fit better in the month of March. It rained the entire weekend and didn't get above 50-something until late Sunday morning. Handily, I just so happened to have a guest, Kristen, for the weekend. Instead of doing fun outsidey things, like walking in sunlight, we stayed inside and watched movies (The Hangover, Borat) and tv shows (Flight of the Conchords, Family Guy) until the weather decided to cooperate on Sunday. Before lunch on Sunday, we took the walking path that goes on the driveway and down the hill in front of the house. It provided wonderful views of the valley and area that I hadn't seen before.

Not three hours after Kristen left that day, I went to pick up Stephanie from Wattwil. She had began her travels that day in Salzburg, and has traveled to such cities as Berlin, Prague, Munich and London in the month of July. It was fun to hear what she'd seen. Unfortunately she came at a time when it was impossible for me to take off, so she made use of a relaxing time here on the farm by hiking and playing piano. She'd also help pick currants every once in a while, which I appreciated. Stephanie left today, just before lunch and heading to Basel.

I couldn't take time off because it was high time for hay time. When I wasn't picking currants on Tuesday, I was out on the hillside with a rake. By the end of the day, I barely had the energy to shower the dust off myself.

In due time,
Jon

1 comment:

huberloja@hotmail.com said...

Busy days! Just hope you have time to soak up all the last minute memories you are making .. work time as well as down time!