Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jon Huber - Slavedriver

If this weekend were going to be shot as a movie, this is how I'd probably be credited in the credits.

Cyrill had a bad week at school so he doesn't get to go home to his mom or dad this weekend. It also happens that tomorrow is Dirk's birthday and he and Maya will be going away for the weekend.

How handy.

I'll let you in on just one of the things Cyrill did, only because I happened to be involved. Yesterday I was told to keep an eye on him while he did his homework and I played with Salome. He was to get a half-hour pause after each piece of homework was finished. So I asked him that when he was done to bring me the paper so I could make sure that he was done. Sounds easy, right? Apparently not so much for him. I was outside with Salome and he opened his window to tell me that he was done and he was ready for his pause. I asked him to bring me the paper. He whined and shoved it up to the window thinking that'd make me happy.

Later after I saw the paper and let him take his pause, he was playing with a tiny water gun. Salome mimics everything that Cyrill does and it's starting to get really annoying. We've had some rather cooler weather here lately so they were playing with the water gun inside. I didn't think that was a good idea. I followed them upstairs and when I reached the steps and came within their vision, I got shot in the face. Being kind of chilly and inside didn't make this situation any worse. Cyrill took the gun away from Salome (who shot me) and probably knew that I was going to take it away from him. I asked him nicely many times but he never gave it up. Then I became all parental on his keister and counted to 10 with my hand out. He started crying. Hooray! That was also when I reached into his pocket and took the gun out and he ran to his room, swearing at me as he went. Hooray!

Apparently he also did other things in school that I only heard tale of but cannot regale them here because I don't know all the details. I don't know if I want to. I think I heard one story where the nouns in the story were Cyrill, poop, and a Kindergartner. Scheisse.

Drik and Maya are leaving tomorrow soon after lunch. Tonight Dirk spent some time on the computer coming up with a schedule for the weekend. That's nice. I think one of the only saving graces is that I'm getting 2 whole days off for doing this this weekend.

Stay tuned, I'll probably have more stories after the weekend.

Rest well,
Jon

No comments: