Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Rainy Days and Ingrown Nails

I suppose I should post what's happening in the coming days. It's the second part of my long awaited holiday.

Tomorrow after lunch, I'll be catching a bus and ultimately a EuroCity train in St. Gallen that's bound for Munich. I'll be arriving just before supper time to the apartment of Stief. He is the guitarist in the band Philipp is in (Trivial) and is studying in Munich. I'll pick up Jessica from the airport on Thursday morning and we'll sightsee in Munich, most likely going to the Chinese Tower in the English Garden among other stops. (I saw Tim and Heidi's blog and it looks very appealing.) Our train then leaves before 5 pm on Friday. This particular train is bound for Prague.

This will be my first time in "Eastern Europe" and I'm looking forward to it...especially since we have a real, live Eastern European to show us around and speak the language. Ondra, who some Goshen readers might know, will be meeting us in Prague for the weekend. We'll be there until Monday morning, when we take a flight from there to Amsterdam. In Amsterdam we'll be staying with one of the Dutch Intermenno Committee Members, Sarah, at her apartment. We'll see what Amsterdam has to offer until Wednesday morning, when both of us part ways and return to our 'homes'.

Work here has been slightly hard to get back to after being on vacation. I pulled weeds all yesterday afternoon only to have Dirk tell me this afternoon that I missed a lot. Little did he know that I hadn't yet covered all the ground.

Weather here has been rainy, which is good for my being gone in the coming days. As long as it's wet there's no chance to cut hay.

I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow morning. It looks like I have the beginnings of an ingrown toenail. Hopefully everything can get taken care of tomorrow at the doctor. I'm not limping or anything yet, but it's red and slightly swollen, with a whitish puss oozing out if I squeeze it in the correct manner.

With that,
Jon

1 comment:

Austin Smith said...

Trench foot.