Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Knee Update

I thought I'd update you all on my knee. Last week Heike and I went to the doctor to get my knee checked out, and the diagnosis then was that the cartilage surrounding my knee just wasn't used to the standing and working (in cold). So, homeopathic pills and some cream were prescribed and were told to come back in 8-10 days if it wasn't better.

Today is Day 9, and though some of the pain has subsided, it is not healed. So before lunch, Heike and I went back to the doctor and he took a second look at it. I believe the pain before was 'masking' another place on my left knee where there was now pain when pressure was put on a specific spot. He referred us to an orthopedic doctor in Oppenheim that I believe we'll go to tomorrow. He is a general health doctor, so he wanted us to go to someone who knows more about that area.

More updates to come.

Until next time,
Jon

1 comment:

Auntie Fran said...

Honey, just coming off of my third (yes, third) ACL repair (done on 11/20), advice from your Auntie who loves you is: Do NOT mess with this. Please listen carefully to your docs and continue to seek out medical attention until this problem is not only diagnosed properly but solved. X-rays should be done. I know homeopathic treatment is great, but sometimes one needs more than just that. Heat, elevation (which means staying off of it when you can), and stuff like that is always good.

The cold cannot be good for the knee, neither can the constant standing. You take care of that knee, and please keep us all informed.

Your Auntie loves you,