Saturday, November 22, 2008

Swiss Bound

Today I received my placement information letter in the mail, so now I'm able to pass the information on to you.

First, some Swiss pictures.

Dombresson:



Dombresson and me:



The committee (Daniel, Ruth, Dora, Johannes, Debbie):



During our break, we went up to this sweet tobaggen run. In the background are the Alps:



Somewhere in there is where I'll be going on a 'Ski Weekend' in January with other trainees:



Going up the tobaggen run:



The committee (Me, Johannes, Ruth, Dora, Debbie, Daniel):



Down to Neuchatel, my attempt at artistic wonder:



Fondue:





My placement
In February, I will be going to Hemberg, Switzerland.


View Larger Map

My sponsors are Dirk and Maya Fellmann. They have three children, Tim (12), Jara (10), Salome (3).

Here is the letter's description of my work: "The Trainee will be working on the farm, maybe is asked to help with some construction work, some cleaning in and around the house (picking weeds), look after the children when Maya is working and if interested do some cooking, teaching English and playing with the kids."

I will be a ten minute walk from the bus stop. It also says that the area is beautiful for hiking and biking.

Until next time,
Jon

1 comment:

huberloja@hotmail.com said...

We are proud of you for the responsibilities you have taken on. It was so good to visit with you this weekend. We are eager to visit you soon!