Monday, September 08, 2008

This past week seemed to fly quickly by. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing quite yet.

I have been kept busy sanding paint off of Daniel's jungle gym so that it can get repainted.
From Life in another place...



On Friday it was finally ready to get the color green and I got one coat in the morning and another coat in the afternoon. Today I added two coats of blue.

Thursday afternoon we bottled two different kinds of wine. My job was to take bottles off the sanitizer and put them on the belt, where the man in the green pants is at in the photo. Here is the bottling operation.

From Life in another place...

From Life in another place...

From Life in another place...




Here's a picture of me putting bottles into boxes.

From Life in another place...


In the evenings on Tuesday's and Thursday's, I practice with the nearest soccer club, TuS Dorn Durkheim. Saturday they had a match. I did not get to play as I need to register, but I hope to do so soon. The match was back and forth, but in the end it devolved into violence. Two of our players were punched and tackles seemed to not be aimed at the ball but at legs and ankles. One of their players even got ejected, and rightly so. I think my lack of German will actually give me an advantage because I won't be able to understand what players from the other team are yelling in my direction. Dorn Durkheim did end up breaking the 3:3 deadlock and won 4:3.

There is something wrong with a muscle or nerve in my back. An area of my back, just under my left shoulder blade, chooses random times to go numb. It doesn't really hurt but I could see it suddenly turning painful. Hopefully it is something that can be fixed with light massage.

Next weekend I will be meeting Tim, Gus, Heidi, and some of Heidi's family who are visiting, in Bad Durkheim at Wurstmarkt, the worlds largest wine festival. I'll head back to Bammental with them and attend Gus' dedication next Sunday.

In two weeks, I'll be heading down to Basel, Switzerland, to visit a trainee there. Word has it that there is an apple juice festival. Other plans have not yet been made.

On Saturday night after a day full of rain (much like every day), a rainbow came out right at sunset. This picture is from the window of my room.

From Life in another place...


Until next time,
Jon

2 comments:

A&M said...

We really enjoy your commentary on everyday life in Germany. Good luck with the soccer club--sounds like fun! A&M

huberloja@hotmail.com said...

You are doing a great job of including photos. It helps us "picture" you there.

I'm guessing that the young boy supervising in one of the photos is Daniel. Of course you are listening to German music on your ipod, aren't you?

We should send the "How It's Made" tv crew to you! Can't wait to see more, especially with harvest coming soon.
Love you! Mom