Monday, July 28, 2008

In the Air, Leaving, Arriving, Address

About 5 minutes west of our house on the highway out to Pleasantview is a grass field. The grass field normally plays host to powered parachutes and RC planes. One person who flies out there regularly goes to our church. So yesterday, I finally had the inkling to ask about the possibility of a ride before I leave for my time in Germany. So the time was set later in the afternoon to get out there at 6 pm. After preflight and starting, we were off! When I got down from my ride, Mom got to go up!







Here are a couple of movies of the fun we had:



Today is my last full day in the state of Kansas. Bright and early tomorrow morning at 5:30 am, Mom, Dad and I are leaving to go to Indiana and visit Jessica's family. She has been in Nicaragua since early May fulfilling her SST requirements for Goshen. Mom and Dad will stay for a few days and say goodbye to me on Friday and come back to Kansas. I then depart from South Bend on Tuesday morning, the 5th, with a stop in Chicago to meet up with the other trainees in Toronto, where we board a Martinair flight for Amsterdam. Outside of Amsterdam in Elspeet, we have three days of orientation at a Mennonite conference center and then on the 8th we are sent to our placements.

I will enjoy getting mail from anybody. My address in Wintersheim is:
Jon Huber
Haupt. 11
67587 Wintersheim
GERMANY

I will write you if you send me a letter!

1 comment:

A&M said...

Thanks for giving us your blog address. We've caught up on your entries and look forward to hearing about your Intermenno experiences. We know you'll make the most of your time. Sure glad we met up with you.

Arlin and Maretta