Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A new journey

At 4:27, as I was debating going out to the lounge and getting my usual fill of Jeopardy! or staying in my room and waiting for something to pop up on my screen to read that would keep me from doing homework, an email popped up. This wasn't the usual Facebook notice or aviation scheduler reminder, but a message from the Intermenno Trainee Program with the subject of "Intermenno acceptance."

Much to my happiness, it was indeed an email telling me that I had been accepted. So, I'll be leaving sometime before August 5 from the Kansas area. August 5 is when we leave Toronto for Amsterdam. I do not know where my placement is quite yet but I'm assuming I'll find out when my deposit gets sent in and I accept the acceptance invitation (kind of redundant).

In aviation news, I resume my multi-engine training tomorrow, pending whether the wind and flurries hold off. Hopefully by the end of March I'll be an IR AMEL CPL (Instrument-Rated Airplane Multi-Engine Land Commercial Pilot [License]). I'll add some pics after tomorrow's flight.

1 comment:

Tim and Heidi Huber said...

I am so proud of you, little brother...this will be a great adventure for you and I can't wait for it to start!
Love,
Heidi